Friday, December 2, 2011

On Your Way

We've almost come to the end of our EAP program and your ESL life. I hope you all have some good memories of your time here and have made friends too. As they say, "This is the first day of the rest of your life!" Tell us what your plans are now; what post-secondary programs you will be attending, or the job possibilities in your future. For the last time - you will have until Tuesday, December 6th midnight to post your comments!

12 comments:

  1. Hello.

    I am so grateful to be a member of EAP program. I loved listening to your opinions. Also, I have learned a lot from you all.

    I am planing to join practical nurse program at BVC from May, 2012 because I love helping people and I am interested in learning human body. To do that, I need to finish Biology 30 till next April. Wish me luck with Biology 30. haha..

    Again, I was so lucky to meet you all. Thank you so much for everything. I wish you the best for your life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to have you know in the EAP program. For me, it was a wonderful experience I never had because I could met foreign countries and I could more learn about your countries which is very rare for long period. Also, it was very excited because every classmate had different accents and we try to understand each other and if the person didn’t understand we can explain without make fun of him/her about the pronunciations which I became more confident by myself. I became close to some of classmates and I could have the chance to know more about them. When I will finished this courses I choose to take Administrative Professional, why because I love working in offices and to have the opportunity to help people who have problems. Therefore, I love to travel in different countries which I can have the ability to work in different offices and communicate in foreign languages also this work will allow me to know multicultural in the all world.

    Thank you for everything and have a wonderful future life…
    GOD blessed YOU
    Denise Usanase 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there.

    This was a great time to be aware of knowing different and wonderful persons and forget the "single story" that all we have upon each other. Thanks all of you for the opportunity for listening all of you and being listened.

    Hopefully I will start CRTP program next year, I mean next month. As all of you know I want to create my own business. Step by step.

    Looking at the picture, I just remember the words of Poet Antonio Machado who said:

    “Wayfarer, the only way is your footsteps,
    there is no other.
    Wayfarer, there is no way,
    you make the way as you go.
    As you go you make the way
    and stopping to look behind,
    you see the path that your feet will never
    travel again.
    Wayfarer, there is no way -
    only foam trails in the sea."

    I hope to be a good Wayfarer with the idea of creates a path that others can follow.

    I hope all of you find your own path.

    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello my classmates,
    I am really sad when I realize that our EAP nearly finish because I don't want to be away from you guys. I love to study and enjoy with you in such a nice group. I believe that when finishing this program, you guys have different goals and directions. For me, I will continue my study on Accounting and Financial Management certificate at BVC. After that, I will continue on Diploma. Moreover, I will try on best to succeed in my goal and I wish you all achieve your objective successfully.
    Thank all my fried.
    Best regard,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. I almost finish my ESL program, which cause I understand the time flies. I can remember when I just came to Calgary and attend to BVC, I was culture shock, and surprised everything here. I come here almost a year, I got lot of friends, and classmates during my ESL programing. Then, after I graduated from ESL, I will to take the LPN program, because I want to become a good nurse like my mom. I am so appreciate that my dear instructor Cathy taught me a lot of things like Canadian culture, lifestyle, and so on. Also, I would thank my classmates. Actually, I don’t like talk to other people that I don’t know too much, but they would talk to me, told me lots of stories about their own country. So, thank you guys, you guys give me a lot that I will cherish those as my treasure in my whole life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi everybody

    The truth I feel happy because I am very near to finish this course. It was a pleasure to have shared with you, with some closer than others but I have a very good impression of all as a good people. I wish you all success in their lives and remember that happiness and how far you want to go depends on you. Good luck for all. Thank so much for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi everyone,
    As we almost finish the EAP, the next step is to think what we are going to do next. I already register practical nurse program in BVC and it start in the begging of January. I have learnt things from all the classmates and I make friends here. I am very sure I will meet some of you in BVC. Thanks John share a wonderful poet to us. I wish that we can keep in touch my friends. Also, I hope everyone can reach your gaols and all of you have good future!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi my friends,
    I really enjoyed studying with you all this course. I have learned a lot of things from Cathy and from all my classmates. Next two semesters I am going to do upgrading in Maths, Chemistry and Biology and currently i am looking for a part time job. I hope everybody will be successful and healthier in his/her life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi everyone
    The time is running and we almost finish our EAP class. I am so glad to be in this class with Cathy and wonderful classmates from different traditions, countries and thinking, especially this time with international students who add a special taste for this class. Normally, everyone will follow his or her own direction by getting job or continuing in career program. As for my situation, I have been accepted at practical nurse program on January 05 and it will take me 2 years. For sure, I will study hard to reach my career goal as a nurse. As a final point, I hope that everyone will be successful in his or her life and get a better job in Canada. Believe me Canada is the best country in the world.
    Good luck for everyone
    Hamza

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi my friends.

    This is my last comment in this site. The first thing that I have to say is that I feel very happy to finish this stage of my life. In fact, I feel good with my progress in English and I really enjoyed the ESL classes. However, I have to move to another stage.

    Talking about my future plans, next year I am starting the CGA program at SAIT, I will start with three academic courses. Hopefully, I will get a job. I think, it is time to work again!!!

    Thanks so much to my friends for sharing their experiences and my teachers for their patient. I think, it is not easy to teach people with different culture.

    Finally, I agree with John. I also have Machado's words in my life. I believe, we are the only ones who make our destiny. Therefore, keep on walking.

    Good luck!!!!

    Juan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Everyone,

    Yes, it is true that we have finished our ESL journey and there is no doubt that we have learned great many skills of accomodating and settling in Canada in this class. As an educationist I strongly believe that learning is a life long process, which never ends. However in our professional careers we tend to reach some point and would like to implement our skills, which we called job.
    As a new dweller in Canada I am trying to practise as a teacher; meanwhile will like to take some job to get some experience in the new environment.
    Finally, I would like to state that I throughly enjoyed my 4 months in EAP with all of my remarkable colleagues and wonderful teacher Cathy.
    Wish u all Best of Luck!
    LAILA

    ReplyDelete