You read in FOV chapter 21 that music has been a powerful medium of communication worldwide, but that it really affects each person differently. Different composers have relied on musical instruments to convey their message, while others mix music and lyrics. In some instances the lyrics have been most important especially when they spoke of people's patriotism or rallied people in times of crisis.
Music can make you sentimental for your homeland and music can inspire and bring you joy. Talk about your relationship to music. Are you a musical person? Is there a particular piece of music that you especially enjoy? Can you share it with us? Please post your comments by Tuesday, Nov 15th.

Hello.
ReplyDeleteI love music and I listen to it almost all the time when I am awake. I tried to learn how to play piano from my childhood but with my lack of patience, I could not keep learning it constantly. After I grew up, I chose to learn how to play violin, but I could not keep doing it. I kind of hoped that I could learn it again in Canada but I found out my place is not a good place to practice musical instrument since I can hear my neighbors coming in and going out sounds without payting attention. (If I practice it here, they will kick me out I guess, haha.)
I love peaceful music and these days I am into 'Bob Acri's Jazz music. It is totally peaceful and enjoyable. Especially 'Sleep away' is the music I listen when I feel really tired.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iemBAHmnvpc&feature=BFa&list=PL803CD23D1D4FB09B&lf=results_main
Also Korean music by various artists makes me feel relax and comfortable when I really miss my language. I read news via interent but reading and listening is totally different when I am homesick. These days I am listening to some of HaRim's Music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxdmCJQOzSs&feature=related
If you want to try, please check above links.
Thank you.
Hello friends,
ReplyDeleteI think the majority of people like music; the difference only existed on which kind of music those people like to listen. For me, I feel that music gives me the energy especially when I am doing home chore. After a busy day I like to listen to it in order to reduce stress and thus get relaxed. I used to listen to music while I am doing my maths, chemistry homework; it helped me to solve problems. Also, music sometimes changes my bad mood to a happy one which means music has a positive effect on our brain. I think choosing to listen to a one kind of music depends to the age. I used to listen to Ray and high frequency music when I was a teenager. now I prefer to listen to classical music, especially Turkish ones. By the way, in Morocco we have a kind of music called shabi, Believe it or not while you are listening to it you feel yourself pushed to dance; I like it but only in some specific events such as weeding, parties etc. I have read an article long time ago about how the music effect plant. Some studies showed that the music helps the plant to grow rabidly.
Hi there.
ReplyDeleteI don't consider myself as a musical person. Although I love music, I do not have a good ear for music and I am a person considered as musically asynchronous. In other words, I am not able to whistle and clap at the same time. Nevertheless I enjoy all kind of music. I would like to share with all of you some of the rhythms that I used to listen. All this sound come from different parts of Colombia. You will notice different styles. For example, from the caribean part there is something called "Vallenato" here there is a link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymVIvJ3LOVw. If we go more to the center we will find an artist from Medellin a.k.a Juanes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1KocXqn28o.
Continuining our trail we"ll meet with an Bogotan artist called Fonseca. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4JwpP9q6Fc. In the area of the eastern plains there is a fascinating style with my favorite instrument, the harp, this is called "musica llanera". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPSsx0EvWl0. Lets move to the pacific area and we will find something that maybe is an obligation to learn for all of us in Colombia...yes!!! "Salsa" because if you want to be romantically sucessfull within Colombian society you must to learn to dance it. But "Salsa" have a lot of genders I rather the romantic(Niche from Cali Colombia) and classical (Puertorican)one. Here you will find the links for both. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C0u5MOVDe8.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYc8SC5nnNA.
Nevertheless, as I said before I enjoy all kind of music, sometimes I feel romantic then I choose Pop ballad and I listen Adele, and suddenly I feel more vigorous then I change to Linkin Park or Eminen. Yes, Mainstream music is acceptable except for Regetton. That is not music.
Hi buddies,
ReplyDeleteFor me, music is part of my life which it means lots. I have 2 different music I listen to, firstly one of my favourite music is hip hop because I can express my angry or my joy when I dance. On the other hand, it makes me feel better after a long day. I remember my first song I heard was “All my life” by K-Ci and JOJO and I couldn’t understand what they were singing but I try to memorize the song. Another part when I listen to “All my Life” is that I can write some poems related to my life. Secondly, I like to listen to gospel music because I can feel that God is with me. My favourite song is “My life is in your Hand” by Kirk Franklin. Every time I woke up or going to sleep I listen to so that I can have peace in my restful sleep or when I m going out. However, this song gives me positive attitude also the lyric of this song is very powerful which make me to be strong when I am lonely. For this reason, music is part of my life because I can feel better when I am in darkness or joyful. Also listen to music help to decrease your stress and feel relaxed
UsanaSE denise
I grew up with music; I love music and also my parents, too. I remember my Dad has a collection for music such as The Beatles, Classical music and Taiwan songs. Also, we have a good studio for playing the music. It gave me the environment for full into the music. I still remember that my sister and I went to the music class three times a week for learning piano and chorus. After we went to the junior high school we did not keep the music classes because we need to study hard for the university. I listening all kinds of music. From pop to classical, and my favorite music is Celts music, some is New Age music and some is Pop music. For example, Enya, Loreean McKennitt (she is Canadian), the Corrs and Irish dance song. Moreover, because of the Irish song I also like Irish tap dance very much. I remember when I was in Taiwan; I spend $300CAD for one Irish dance show and it was really awesome. Because of music, I feel the world is wonderful. Also, when I feel stress and hopeless, I will listen to the music to help me explore my feeling and reduce my stress. Here is some music link in Youtube for my favorite music; I know some people don’t know what is Celts and New Age. Hope you can enjoy it.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIpt_BIrIzM&feature=fvwrel this is Enya’s the memory of trees. (Celts, New Age)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIghrxxhQYs this is Loreean McKennitt’s the Mystics dreams. (Celts, New Age) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC_8g_QRTLY this is the Corrs’s only when I sleep. (Pop)
Here is another Pop singer that I like her very much- Dido
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTvccE7HPpI Dido’s here with me and it is the music in a move called "Love Actually", it is very good move and there are many great music in this move, too.
I will start by this quote for Geoffrey Latham, “Music is the vernacular of the human soul.”Clearly music is a world language, so people use music as a method to express their feelings and problems. Basically there are 2 kinds of music, so one of them focuses on the poetic works and singers’ interest is on the usage of perfect words rather than rhythm. However, the other type of music heeds the rhythm instead of the words. Honestly, I prefer the first one and I love the music which has strong meanings in its words. In fact, Meaningful music has great impacts in society, so some of them treat different real phenomenon in the countries such as discrimination, injustice and dictatorship. Lamentably, some of singers lead to Irritability which shakes the country’s security and safety. In addition, sentimental music expresses feelings between lovers themselves and sometimes tells some true stories. In my case, I usually listen to music which has great words, so I prefer to listen to Rai Music. It is an Algerian international music and it was found a long time ago in the west of Algeria. Actually it is a sentimental music, so Rai singers interest on love topics and relationship between men and women. I was listening to this music when I was at high school and university. Nowadays, I prefer classic music to other ones. Finally, there are some YouTube videos about Rai music which I was listening before and I hope you like this music.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb4NfJL9w8E&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2Wh2LgqyC8&feature=related
Thanks
Hamza
Nowadays, music has been become an important part in our life. I also really enjoy listening music. For example, when I was cooking, the first important thing was that I must open my computer and find my favorite music. I love all the types of music, but two favorite types are R&B, Pop Music. I also love Dance music; when I was fell upset or happy, I would like listening dance music. Especially, some idol groups from Korea. They are young; they have enough energy to influence many people, like the group 2NE1.
ReplyDeleteHere are some my favorite music that I want to share with my friends.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7_lSP8Vc3o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n4V3lGEyG4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5ekB4l-6wg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4wJGWcHzVA
Thanks.
Hi there, I used to be a music person when I was in college. That time I use to think every music pop, classical and R and B was perfect for me. I use to relate myself to the music all the time when I used to listen to the music. Now the life is different I don’t get much time to listen to the music. There are different kinds of music in Pakistan pop, folk. There is some music created during the war with our neighbor country, these music were very famous at that time and even now. Here are some lyrics” Putter hatta tay nahi waq da, tu lub the phary hudar kuray” I hope this will make sense to you, have fun.
ReplyDeletehi there here is the link for this song.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F2hrvsAPQY
Hi mi friends,
ReplyDeleteTalking about music, I have to say that I like it, however, I am not an expert that can qualified it. Actually, I like to listening to music but if I have to choose, I will select funny music or music that belong to 80's decade. Most of the time, I like to listening to music to dance such as merengue or salsa. I really enjoying dancing. I remember, I used to dance every weekend!!!!However, I try to keep this custom of dancing at home.
On the other hand, I don't like music that can make me feel sad. To be honest, sometimes, I prefer to listening music that I do not understand what it says but rather than music with sad message. In addition, I cannot study anything with music.
Juan
hi.
ReplyDeleteEveryone
I love music. I realized that since I have been here I haven't listed to the some music that I use to listen in my country. Now a listen my children's music for example last Friday Night, I just can't get enough, I gotta feeling, Party rock anthem, Sexy and I know it (Is strange). I remember that when I was in the university I liked Barry White American jazz singer famous for his soul genre, and the Jamaican Bob Marley with his special reggae. I like romantic music too, and salsa special rythm from Puerto Rico. I like so much Jorge Celedon, Andrea Bocelli. But unfortunatly I don't have good ears and of course good rythm.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRnazndjBfg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6W408-KZKQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrYdeSQVZmY